Yesterday, with just a week to go, I ran the Gauntlet ... a 12k mud run in Essex. This was even more of a challenge than the Major Series, and pushed my sister Yolanda and I to our muddy limits!
With lots of slippery river banks to clamber up and down and 6 foot walls to climb, this was no easy run. We were hurdling hay bales and well as clambering up and over stacks of hay bales and under nets. We got very wet and cold when we had to swim underneath a row of floating barrels ... yes, I said underneath! Undeniably, the hardest obstacle of all was the swamp. A seemingly never-ending expanse of the thickest mud you could imagine. Most of the people we saw in the swamp had to be dragged out my professionals with ropes ... not us! We mastered the rolling technique, and with a lot of effort, eventually rolled ourselves to the other side! I was, and still am, very proud!
We did, needless to say, come pretty much last ... we were at the VERY back for the majority of the race but managed to overtake a fair few runners in the last 2km! We finished in 2 hours, 36 mins!
No comments:
Post a Comment