Twitter: @ChiaraCreates
I am 19 years old and I live in Tunbridge
Wells. I am a second-year at the University of Leeds where I am studying for BA
Childhood Studies. When I graduate, I am hoping to do a PGCE to teach at
Primary level. Girlguiding UK plays a huge role in my life. I feel that its aim
to empower girls across the globe and give them a voice on what is important to
them can never be devalued. I am a leader for Rainbow, Brownie and Guide units
and am part of the leadership team taking 14 girls to Uganda next summer to
work with a charity called The Quicken Trust. The opportunities the association
offers to girls are incredible. As a member, I have visited South Africa and
Zambia where I worked with 2 charities, God’s Golden Acre and The Book Bus.
These experiences, amongst others, sparked my interest in raising awareness of
lesser known charities. My international trips have also enabled me to form
relationships with my local Lions and Soroptimist Clubs. My latest challenge
is, of course, this marathon. CLIC Sargent is an extremely worthwhile cause and
I must not let them down. However, I am not in the slightest little bit sporty!
But I am determined and hopefully I’ll get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment